In a recent judgement dated March 13, 2018, Supreme Court of India extended its already extended deadline of March 31, 2018, for linking Aadhaar Card with bank account, SIM card, and PAN card. This time, the court has extended the last date indefinitely. This means that new date can be any date depending upon decision of panel in final hearing.
All those who have not yet linked their Aadhaar Card with their bank accounts or SIM cards or PAN cards can do so now.
The Supreme Court on 13th March 2018 has extended the last date for linking of Aadhaar in bank accounts, PAN cards, SIM cards, etc from 31st march 2018 till the date of the final judgement. 1/3
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) March 13, 2018
Next deadline for Aadhaar Linking
There is no fixed date yet. A new will be decided by the Supreme Court. The same will be conveyed publicly by UIDAI.
How to link Aadhaar with your bank account?
- You can choose to link your Aadhaar card with your bank account by either visiting the bank, or at that bank’s ATM, or through SMS, or through internet banking.
- Many banks also have apps now where facility for linking has been provided.
- However, under any circumstances, you should not share your aadhaar card data to unverified people over call or mail.
How to link Aadhaar with your PAN card?
- This is the easiest one. All you have to do is visit https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/e-Filing/Services/LinkAadhaarHome.html.
- Here you will fill up your PAN card number, your aadhaar card number, and your name as in Aadhaar card.
- Or, you can send an SMS to the number 567678 or 56161. SMS should be: UIDPAN<SPACE><12 digit Aadhaar><Space><10 digit PAN>. For example, UIDPAN 123456789012 ABCDE1234Z.
How to link Aadhaar with your SIM card?
- For this, you will have to call the assigned number of your data provider.
- Then you have to enter your Aadhaar number and get OTP.
- You will then also have to declare all other mobile connections and get a confirmation SMS.
As can be seen, all of the processes are quite simple and can be done from home or office. You don’t have to visit any centre to link your Aadhar card with your accounts. Once again though, make sure that you do not share your card information with people over call or SMS. Follow all automated processes only.
If you still have any confusion, you can visit your bank branch or number provider service centres. Since linking the card is so important right now, most people at the bank and centres are ready to help out easily.
It is advisable to not wait too long. Although the deadline has been extended many times, there is no surety that it will happen again and again. On one hand the Government of India will make sure that people are not inconvenienced, but on the other hand they have to implement the rules from some day.
If you do not link your Aadhaar Card with bank account then you may not be able to use their services. Same happens with SIM Card and PAN card.
It may be noted however that the Supreme Court order still says that Aadhaar is required for opening a new bank account and applying for tatkal passport under relevant laws. Those who do not have Aadhaar can apply for it and provide its application number.