CBSE National Eligibility Test (NET) 2016 – The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has notified that it will be conducting erstwhile UGC NET July 2016 on behalf of the University Grant Commission (UGC) on July 10, 2016. CBSE National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NET) UGC 2016 will enable CBSE to assess the eligibility of Indian nationals for Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship or both in Indian universities and colleges.
If you are looking for CBSE UGC NET Result 2016 – Click Here
Candidates must note that the CBSE NET (National Eligibility Test) 2016 will be conducted in 83 subjects at 88 selected NET Coordinating Institutions across the country. On being qualified for the award of Junior Research Fellowship through the CBSE NET 2016, the successful candidates will be eligible to carry out research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject besides being declared eligible for Assistant Professor.
Significance of the CBSE UGC NET Exam
- The JRF awardees will have the chances of being selected by universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations for pursuing whole time research work as per the procedure prescribed by the respective institutions.
- Whether a candidate deserves to be declared eligible for both JRF and Assistant Professor or only for Assistant Professor, will be decided based on the performance of the candidate in all three papers of CBSE NET.
- Candidates should also know that qualifying exclusively for Assistant Professor will mean their disqualification for award of JRF.
Note:- Apart from checking CBSE NET 2016 Notification at the official website www.cbsenet.nic.in, the CBSE NET 2016 aspirants may explore here more about CBSE NET 2016 syllabus, CBSE NET UGC 2016 application forms, admit card, exam details, result, and counselling.
CBSE NET 2016 Important dates are given below. They indicate dates for form filling, downloading admit card and date of exam.
|Major Events||Important Dates|
|Form submission||12 Apr 2016|
|Last date to submit form and submit fees||12 May 2016|
|Last date to submit fee through online generated bank challan||13 May 2016|
|Application Form Corrections||17 May 2016|
|Date of CBSE NET Examination||10 Jul 2016|
Application Form for CBSE NET July 2016
CBSE National Eligibility Test (NET) 2016 aspirants looking to fill up the CBSE NET 2016 Application Form, are required to do the same online at the official website www.cbsenet.nic.in.
How to Apply for CBSE NET 2016?
Application form of CBSE NET has to be filled online. Please follow the steps given below to apply online.
- Visit the online application form page for CBSE NET Jul 2016.
- Click on Application form for NET.
- Read detailed instructions carefully.
- Enter examination related details, personal information, mailing address, educational qualification.
- Upload scanned passport size photograph (3.5 cm x 4.5 cm).
- Make payment for application fee by e-challan or credit/debit card.
- Download the filled in form.
The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card along with their printout
of online admission card on the day of examination.
Candidates are neither required to send any certificates / documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form (Confirmation Page) to CBSE. However the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test.
Candidates are required to pay the below mentioned examination fee as per their category for appearing in the CBSE National Eligibility Test (NET) 2016.
|Category of Candidates||Required Exam Fee|
|General Candidates||Rs 600/-|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer, as per the Central list of OBC available on website :www.ncbc.nic.in )||Rs 300/-|
|SC/ST/PWD Candidates||Rs 150/-|
CBSE UGC NET 2016 Admit Card
It may be noted that the CBSE NET Admit Card 2016 will be uploaded on the website in the third week of June, 2016.
Candidate should note that no CBSE NET Admission Card 2016 will be sent to the candidates by post. The candidates should download their admission cards from the website to ascertain their venue of the Test as mentioned in the Hall Ticket and appear in the examination only at the designated examination center.
No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination center other than that allotted to him/her in the admission card.
CBSE UGC NET 2016 Answer Key & OMR Sheet
The captured images of response sheets (OMR sheets) of the candidates appeared in NET July, 2016 and answer keys of all the papers will be displayed on the website www.cbsenet.nic.in during fourth week of August, 2016 (the exact dates will be notified later in the newspapers).
The candidates, who are not satisfied with the captured response, may challenge by filling online application form on the website www.cbsenet.nic.in and paying a sum of Rs.1000/- per question The challenge of answer keys will also be accepted online only through the link available on the website www.cbsenet.nic.in on payment of Rs.1000/- per question. The fee can be paid by credit/debit card or e-challan.
In case the challenge of any candidate regarding captured images of response sheets (OMR sheets)/answer keys is accepted, the fee will be refunded to such candidates. In all other cases the fee once paid will not be refunded.
The CBSE’s decision on the challenges shall be final and the result will be declared on the basis of final answer keys.
CBSE UGC NET 2016 Result
The result of the CBSE UGC NET to be held on 10th July, 2016 will be made available on the websites: www.cbsenet.nic.in as and when it is declared. The candidate will not be individually intimated about their result.
The candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject and are also eligible for Assistant Professor.
The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for whole time research work in accordance with the procedure prescribed by them.
Marks of Candidates
The marks of all the candidates will be uploaded on CBSE website www.cbsenet.nic.in soon after declaration of result. Besides this, CBSE will not issue any marks sheet to qualified/non qualified candidates.
CBSE UGC NET 2016 Exam Pattern
The test will consist of three papers – Paper I, Paper II, Paper III. All the three papers will have objective type questions.There will be two sessions in which the paper will be conducted. The exam pattern of CBSE NET 2016 is described below.
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||60 out of which 50 question to be attempted||1¼ Hours (09.30 A.M. to 10.45 A.M.)|
|First||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1¼ Hours (11.15 A.M. to 12.30 NOON)|
|Second||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||2 1/2 Hours (02.00 P.M. to 4.30 P.M.)|
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. 60 (sixty) multiple choice questions of 2 marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any 50 (fifty). In the event of the candidate attempted more than 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
- Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
- Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
All the questions of Paper – II and Paper – III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options)
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper – I, Paper – II and Paper – III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet provided along with the test booklet.
For detailed information of CBSE NET exam, please visit CBSE NET (Jul) 2016.