ITPO IITF 2016 – Digital India theme pavilion is to focus on the various programs / products / services being projected under the Digital India Program. This mega event is witnessing participation from other countries, trade & business organizations across the globe apart from general visitors. First week of the trade fair is only for business / trade visitors, which includes Senior Representatives / CEOs from global industry, Senior State representatives and global buyers and sellers.
Here is what our experience was like.
This was the first time I visited Trade Fair, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself!
India International Trade Fair is one of the quality fairs.
We booked the tickets online.
On the morning of 17 Nov 2016 we reached Pragati Maidan at 10’o clock and entered the Trade Fair from Gate number 10. From that time on we just forgot the world and leaned into the fair.
Part of the Trade Fair
Many fairs provide maps of the fair layout and this was also available here. A big map was being sold at the information counter for a sum of 20 rupees and small map for free could be taken from “May I Help You Centre”. I armed myself with the small map to get an instant idea of the halls and other locations. We started to first visit the Digital Delhi hall. Being Delhiites we were curious to know what we had achieved in the past year and what we are doing now to be digital city and smart city Delhi.
Digital Delhi “Highlights”
- People now can fill the bill online. Like DJB Bill, BSES Electricity Bill.
- Delhi govt has launched PuchhO App for betterment service of Bus, Taxi and Auto.
- Student of schools had dramatized a story for digital literacy.
The best part of Digital Delhi Hall was song sung by Students – “Tum Hi Ho” 😛
Digital Kerala “ Highlights”
- Kerala is India’s first ‘complete digital state’.
- Kerala Govt has launched “Raksha App” for women safety.
- Kerala State displayed all achievements of their state picturisation mode.
The best part of Digital Kerala was Video Presentation of “Women Safety” and “Self Defence Moves”
All states have brochure stated what they are doing for being a digital state. Trade fair is also equipped to face any emergency. There are 6 fire brigades, hospital and health check-up centre.
Because of the recent demonetization, Mobile ATM van service was also there.
We had visited almost 17 states and 02 pavilions in Trade Fair and the experience was awesome.
This year, as many as 7000 participants are taking part in the fair. The ‘Partner Country’ is the ‘South Korea’ and the ‘Focus Country’ is ‘Belarus’. The‘Partner States’ are ‘Madhya Pradesh’ and ‘Jharkhand’ while, ‘Haryana’ is participating as the ‘Focus State’. Over 150 companies from 27 countries are taking part in the fair. These include: Australia, Afghanistan, Belarus, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Iran, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Myanmar, Netherlands, Oman, Sri Lanka, South Africa, South Korea, Singapore, Tibet, Turkey, Thailand, UAE and UK.
Till 07:00 pm we had shopped for key chains, BonSai Plants and other knick knacks. After that, we came to know the Sukhwinder Singh was performing live and we also got to see him on stage.
Around 08:00 pm we left the place and took the next metro home.
Reasons to visit Trade Fair
- Trade fairs bring together the whole industry.
- Keep yourself up to date with the latest technology or latest happening events.
- Get new ideas for business also helping in the expand business strategy.
- To promote your products and ideas or your initiative.
- Evaluate your competitors and getting idea about to do better.
- Have fun!
Contributors:- Shabana Sheikh