WhatsApp, a mobile messaging app which has become very popular in last few years is now available on desktops as well. It has more than 1 billion monthly active users which encouraged Facebook to launch it on the desktop.
WhatsApp has become the best and easy way to stay in touch with friends and has become must have app for everyone. It was taken over by Facebook in the year of 2014, which has made it more useful for users by adding many other features such as calling, voice messages, etc. It has launched WhatsApp web one year back which can be used on any web browser.
And now Facebook has launched WhatsApp desktop for Mac and windows PC recently. It is a full extension of WhatsApp mobile app. It can be run on Windows 8 and above and on Mac OS 10.9 and above. You can download it for free.
To download WhatsApp
Visit the official site of WhatsApp and then go to the download link, from there you can download the desktop version of it. This desktop app will work in sync with mobile WhatsApp application. WhatsApp will work natively on the desktop.
Open the app and scan the QR code from the of your mobile WhatsApp. This will help you to login to desktop version. For this, you need to use latest version of WhatsApp on Windows Phone, Android or Blackberry. On your smartphone, go to settings in WhatsApp and then there will be a WhatsApp web menu. While doing this, your phone should be connected to internet or Wi-Fi.
In WhatsApp desktop
You can use the keywords shortcuts such as Ctrl + Shift + M to mute the conversation on Mac and Ctrl + Shift + U to change the read status of message. This feature was not available with the what app web. The other advantages of using WhatsApp on desktop are as follows:
- You can send a longer text messages with desktop WhatsApp than that of your mobile phones as it is easy to type on PC.
- You can send and receive documents or files faster on the PC because of better internet connectivity.
- You can easily manage the chat, you can simply delete the text by scrolling.
- It offers various features such as making a group, sending text, photos, videos etc.
- If you close your web browser, even then you can use WhatsApp desktop without any problems.
- You can also set the WhatsApp desktop to automatically open when you turn on the PC.
WhatsApp desktop will work as a mirror to your mobile app. So you will be required to keep your mobile phone switched on to use WhatsApp desktop. Your mobile phone should be close by or connected to the internet while using WhatsApp desktop.
So download it today and communicate in a much easier way now.