The International Mathematics Olympiad stage one exam has been conducted by the Science Olympiad Foundation. The IMO Exam Results are awaited in January 2016. The results will be released online on the official portal of the SOF. As soon as the results are declared we shall make the link mentioned in the following section ACTIVE. Till then, the candidates can refer to the other information mentioned on the Result of IMO.
Link to be followed: Click Here
IMO Result – Steps to check:
- The results can be checked online by the submission of the exam roll number in the given format. As soon as the exam takers use the link mentioned above, they will be carried to the official web page where the results are hosted.
- Following this, they are to submit their Exam Roll Numbers in the format which has been mentioned on the web page.
- Finally, the IMO Exam Results will be displayed before them which will comprise of the following:
- Parent’s Name
- Roll Number
- Marks in Level 1
- Rank in level 1
- International Rank and Awards
- School Ranks and Awards
- Qualified for Level 2 or Not
The candidates who have qualified the Level 1 will be allowed to proceed with the level 2.
IMO Results – Eligibility Criteria for Level 2:
- Class Wise TOP 5% students who have qualified the Level 1
- State or Zone Wise TOP 25% rank holders from each class
- Class Toppers where the candidates have obtained at least 50% marks and there were at least 10 students from the class
The priority of the IMO Results as per the Sections of the Exam:
- Number 1 – Achiever’s Section
- Number 2 – Everyday Math
- Number 3 – Math Reasoning
- Number 4 – Logical Reasoning
Results of IMO – Criteria of Ranking in exams with ONE level:
The following criteria will be used for the IEO and the Class I and II participants of NSO, NCO or IMO Exams:
- Score in the Exam
- Section Wise Marks in case of a tie
Ranking Criteria for level 2 exams:
- Ranks will be allotted as per the marks in the Level 2 IMO Results
IMO Result – Tie Breaking
If two students score equal marks in the examination then some rules are followed to eradicate this confusion. The final decision is of the exam conducting authority which cannot be challenged in any situation.
- Marks in level 2
- Marks in Level 1 Exam
- Marks in Sections of Level 1 Exam (as per the priority)
IMO Result – For Level 1 and Level 2:
Firstly, the IMO Result for level 1 examination will be published by SOF i.e. exam conducting body in order to select the aspirants for the level 2 examination. The candidate is considered as qualified at the school level and so on only and only if the aspirant has qualified both the levels of the examination.
- Score cards will be dispatched to the candidates soon after its release.
- The IMO Result will not be altered in any situation.
- Request for re – evaluation of marks will not be handled by the authorities.