Janmashtami Shubh Mahurat for Puja is starting from the 2nd of September from 08:47 pm until 07:19 pm on the 3rd of September. The Mahurat of Janmashtami are plenty so you can plan your puja accordingly keeping in mind the Shubh Mahurat. The Janmashtami Puja Vidhi at home is very simple but the Puja Samagri for the same should be exact. To know the Puja Vidhi and the samagari needed head on below to know. Janmashtami will be celebrated on the 3rd of September 2018 in Mathura ( Birthplace of Shri Krishna) and Vrindawan.
Also Read : Krishna Janmashtami Significance and History
Janmashtami on 2nd September or 3rd September 2018?
The Janmashtami will be celebrated for 2 days this time and those are 2nd September and 3rd September 2018. There has been a lot of confusion regarding the dates of Krishna Janmashtami everywhere but it has been confirmed that according to the Hindu calendar, the official Janmashatmi celebrations will be held on the 3rd of September 2018. Janmashtami will be celebrated on the 3rd because of the Udaya Kalik Rohini Nakshatra falling on that day. The fast or Janmashtami Vrat will also be kept on that day only.
Janmashtami Puja Samagari
The term Samagari is defined as the ingredients needed for performing Puja. You should make sure that the Samagari is clean as well as pure. The Samagari needed for the Janmashtami Puja includes :
- Yellow Cloth
- Lord Krishna’s Idol
- Makhan and Mishri
- Roli and Panchamrit
Janmashtami Puja Vidhi ( How To Do Puja)
First of all, you need to make sure that you have all the samagari needed for the Janmashtami Puja.
- Start by bathing Lord Krishna with milk and honey.
- Wash him with some Gangajal after then.
- Bathe him in a Thali or a Plate so that all these ingredients do not go wasted.
- The milk, honey and Gangajal mixture can be used as Panchamrit.
- Now, dress him up in nice clothes.
- Make him wear beautiful Mor Pankh, Jewellery and Bangles. Do not forget to give Kanha his Murli.
- Put Roli and Chandan on his forehead.
- After you are done, make him sit in a decorated swing or Jhula.
- Offer him Makhan Mishri, Mewa and the Prasadam made for him.
- Sing Lord Krishna Bhajans and keep on swinging the little one. ( Lord Krishna Bhajans)
- Arti can be done after the birth of Lord Krishna as in after the clock strikes 12.
Janmashtami Fast ( Vrat) Vidhi
Several people keep Vrat or fast on the occasion of Janmashtami but there are a certain set of rules that you should definitely follow if you are intending to keep one. The Janmashtami vrat will go until the Rohini Nakshatra ends. Here are somethings that you need to follow during fasting.
- Wake up early and bath.
- Wear nice clothes and pray to Lord Krishna as the very first thing in the morning.
- Offer Lord Krishna Makhan Mishri and Coconut Sweets.
- Sing Lord Krishna songs and Bhajans and focus your mind on Lord Krishna only.
- Stay away from greed and negative thoughts while you are fasting.
- Perform the Puja at 12:00 am at night as that is when Lord Krishna was born.
What you can eat in Janmashtami Vrat
If you are keeping the Nirjala Vrat, then eating anything or drinking water is prohibited. If you are keeping the Phalahar Vrat, then all kinds of fruits and milk is allowed. Avoid cooking Tamsic food ( Non-veg, Onions, Brinjals and foods made of garlic) on this day.