CAPF exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission to hire the eligible candidates for the post of Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Forces. UPSC CAPF is considered one of the most competitive and toughest exams in the country. It is not a cakewalk to get through the UPSC CAPF exam. More than lakh of aspirants apply for this post, but only a few could make it. Therefore, it is important to consider a few points before starting the preparation for the exam.
The preparation strategy should include a good understanding of CAPF Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Marking Scheme, Previous Year Question Paper, and Result. The CAPF written exam plays a prominent role in the selection of candidates. The marks obtained in the written exam will be added to the final merit list. With this in mind, we have curated a comprehensive list of preparation tips to ace the UPSC CAPF written exam in this article. On that note, let’s get started with the preparation strategy of the written exam section-wise.
UPSC CAPF Exam Preparation for General Ability and Intelligence
General Ability and Intelligence cover the following topics:
- General Mental Ability
- Current Affairs
- General Science
- Indian and World Geography
- Economy & Politics
- The candidates are advised to start the preparation with a strict study schedule and should give equal importance to all the topics. They should refer to the CAPF Previous Year Question Paper to understand the type of questions asked previously and then prepare accordingly.
- For the General Ability Section, the aspirants should practice from the section of quantitative aptitude and reasoning ability. Quantitative Aptitude covers topics like Profit & loss, Mathematical tables, Time and Distance, Percentages, Data Interpretation, and etc. Reasoning Ability covers topics like Seating Arrangements, coding-decoding, Puzzles, Blood Relations, and so on. They are advised to maintain short notes for the mathematical formulas and tricks to solve important topics.
- To ace the current affairs sections, the candidates need to read the newspaper daily and stay updated about the national and international events around the world, famous books & authors, Countries & Capital, and etc. They should revise the current affairs notes on a regular basis.
- General Science is another important part of the preparation. The candidates can refer to the NCERT books to clear the basic concept of the syllabus and keep them updated with the current developments related to science.
- History is one of the most interesting subjects as you can gain knowledge of events that occurred in different eras and rulers along with their reigns. Modern Indian History, Social & Economic Changes in India, and Freedom Struggle are few important topics to be covered during the preparation.
- The candidates are required to cover the vast syllabus of Indian and World Geography. It includes topics like Mountains, Seas, Rivers, Indian Geography, Deserts, Clouds & their types, latitude & longitude, and so on. Candidates should cover all the important topics and prepare the notes for the same. This will be helpful in identifying their weak areas and also in essay writing preparation.
- For Polity and Economy sections, the candidates should cover current affairs of the economy, the Constitution of India, and the political and economic development in India.
UPSC CAPF Exam Preparation for General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension
- The candidates should practice essay writing from different topics of History, Economy, Geography, and polity of India. Therefore, it is advised to start practicing essay writing at the early stage of the preparation. They should remember important dates, current, and past events that occurred in India along with the statistical data. While practicing essay writing, it is essential for the candidates to keep a tab on the time limit so that in the actual exam they can finish the essay writing within the given deadline.
- To excel in the English section, the candidates should read English newspapers and grammar books regularly to improve their language and comprehension skills. The candidates should practice essay writing and precis writing on a regular basis to ace the exam.