On 9th April, India got its new fbb Femina Miss India 2016 – Priyadarshini Chatterjee – after the lavish star-studded function at the Yash Raj Studio, Mumbai. She was crowned by Aditi Arya, Miss India 2015. Priyadarshini also got a gift voucher of Rs. 50,000 on the achievement of Miss India title.
Priyadarshini Chatterjee has won many other subtitles as well such as Miss Rampwalk, Miss talented, Miss Photogenic, and Miss Entertainer and proved herself most talented among all other 21 finalists. Priyadarshini will now represent India in Miss World 2016 competition.
This stunning beauty is from Assam who has done her schooling from Maria’s Public School, Guwahati. Later she came to Delhi and studied at Hindu College, Delhi.
Priyadarshini Chatterjee is the first Assamese girl who has won this title. She has become a real inspiration for young girls after winning this crown. The reasons why she is inspiring so many girls at such a young age are:
1. Priyadarshini Chatterjee is the first girl from Assam who has won the crown of Miss India. She sets a good example for other girls that they can achieve anything if they have faith in themselves.
Many congrates to Priyadarshini Chatterjee 4 winning Miss India2016 title.You made our #Assam & #Assamese proud. pic.twitter.com/rz0LPy7GnA
— Amitabh Bhattacharje (@AmitabhB01) April 10, 2016
2. Miss India title is not about beauty only but it is about being a beauty with brains; and that is just what judges found in Priyadarshini Chatterjee this year.
Congrats to Priyadarshini Chatterjee of Hindu College, the third consecutive @feminamissindia crowned from #DU! pic.twitter.com/EYsnBQFFb6
— DU Beat (@du_beat) April 10, 2016
3. In one of the interviews, Priyadarshini shares that she has never taken any professional training for modeling and was working as a freelance model only. This describes confidence and belief that Priyadarshini Chatterjee has in herself.
The Crowning Moment!
Miss India 2015, @AryaAditi & the new @feminamissindia 2016, #PriyadarshiniChatterjee! pic.twitter.com/VyJ8zYcKKi
— Triumph Intl India (@Triumph_India) April 10, 2016
4. After winning the title, she shared some inspiring thoughts and said that one should just believe in oneself, have faith in capabilities but at the same time also examine your own limits and work hard to surpass it.
Priyadarshini Chatterjee winner of @fbb_india #MissIndia2016 will represent #India at @MissWorldLtd contest. RT pic.twitter.com/r6dtzGXcjy
— Femina Miss India (@feminamissindia) April 10, 2016
5. She said that inner happiness is the most important thing and we should enjoy what we do.
Congratulations #PriyadarshiniChatterjee @sushruthikrishn @PankhuriGidwan1 #MissIndia2016 @iamsrk @vineetjaintimes pic.twitter.com/KINUKxRn6H
— Raj Nayak (@rajcheerfull) April 9, 2016
6. She thinks, everyone can achieve anything in this life. So if anyone wants to becomes Miss India then you should give your best without fearing about rejection.
#PriyadarshiniChatterjee @sushruthikrishn @PankhuriGidwan1 #MissIndia2016 pic.twitter.com/ITYzjuVyoi
— 3FS Entertainment (@the_3fs) April 9, 2016
7. She says, keep the negative feelings and worries of results away from yourself and do your best.
MissIndia2016 is priyadarshini chatterjee. Delhi university girl pic.twitter.com/XOHKvHGg8r
— hemant narang (@hemantsae) April 9, 2016
8. Girls like Priyadarshini reflect the true and positive image of the nation in the eyes of the world.
Crowning moment @feminamissindia
PC: @ColorsTV pic.twitter.com/zHgCukcnvV
— Unexplored Assam (@UnexploredA) April 9, 2016
9. Priyadarshini is a free soul who is ready to prove herself in any aspect of life.
Priyadarshini Chatterjee walks the ramp during the @centro_shoes Miss Rampwalk subcontest RT #missindia2016 pic.twitter.com/2BUyucOcUa
— Femina Miss India (@feminamissindia) March 21, 2016
10. Priyadarshini believes in the law of attraction and the quote by Rhonda Byrne ‘Ask, Believe, Receive‘ is her favorite quote.
Congrats & Best wishes to Daughter of #Assam Priyadarshini Chatterjee for qualifying in Top 20 of @feminamissindia pic.twitter.com/W2sjGn8PI6
— Unexplored Assam (@UnexploredA) March 16, 2016
11. For her, love is a priority and most beautiful emotion which is needed for survival.
Priyadarshini Chatterjee from #Guwahati crowned @fbb_india #missindia2016 #Delhi at the Leela Ambience Hotel Delhi pic.twitter.com/LVhthwxxgd
— Femina Miss India (@feminamissindia) February 27, 2016
12. Priyadarshini feels that a woman should understand her self-worth and should be charming and smart.
We congratulate Priyadarshini Chatterjee for winning #fbb #feminamissindia #Delhi @feminamissindia @fbb_india pic.twitter.com/jOhfZXrQUg
— MyMakeupSmile (@mymakeupsmile) February 28, 2016
13. She said that she admires a man who is loyal, genuine and respectful to women.
We congratulate Priyadarshini Chatterjee of #Guwahati on being crowned @fbb_india @feminamissindia #Delhi2016 title. pic.twitter.com/7wwEWNYuMp
— Mur Asom (@MurAsom) March 2, 2016
14. She will represent India at the International level in Miss World 2016 competition.
SRK With The Beauties Of Miss India 2016 Event!#SRK19Million pic.twitter.com/MPbJT7TDki
— SRK Universe BD (@SRKUniverseBAN) April 11, 2016
15. She has not only won the Miss India title but has won many other titles in the competition and prove herself best among other participants.
ALL IN HQ:
Shah Rukh Khan Graces Miss India 2016 Event Last Night.
| FAN ADVANCE BOOKING STARTS | pic.twitter.com/sN0wQg1kpJ
— TEAM SHAH RUKH KHAN (@TSRK_FC) April 10, 2016
16. When she asked about the qualities a Miss India should possess, she answered: Miss India should be the one who is true to herself and her personality should reflect who she is. This answer shows her confidence in herself.
A beautiful woman delights the eye; a wise woman, the understanding; a pure one, the soul.
Congrats Priyadarshini. pic.twitter.com/wccaTCksfQ
— siona gogoi (@siona_gogoi) April 10, 2016
We all wish her good luck for the Miss World 2016 competition and expect that she will win it for our country.