Delhi encounters one of the biggest and famous marathons all over India. This year Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2017 is going to commence on the 19th November. The application process starts from 14th of September 2017, Interested person can get enrolled before on or 3rd of October 2017. The race is expected to witness around 34,000 people this year.
Important note: Participants with the latest timing certificate can only apply for the Airtel Delhi half marathon.
The entry fee is Rs.1700/- INR for the half marathon, from thereon it is Rs. 600/- for the Great Delhi Run, the application fee for Senior Citizens happens to be Rs 300/- and for the Champions Disability Run it is Rs. 250/-. The foreign enthusiasts who wish to participate have to pay a small amount in addition to the existing price which is Rs. 50, Rs. 20, Rs. 10 and Rs. 10 each respectively. Payment can be done through cheque, cash or demand draft or through the scratch cards available at the back office.
You can apply both online and offline.The application form for the marathon is available at the official website.
Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2017 Overview
|Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2017 Date||19 November 2017|
|Airtel Delhi Half Marathon Prize Money||Last year both men and women race’s winners happened to fetch 2,70,000 U.S.D as their prize money.|
|Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2017 Registration Starts||14 September 2017|
|Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2017 Registration Last Date||03 October 2017|
These are some very important and valuable details that I have curated and they are as follows
|Route Setting||As per route maps which are available on the website|
|Water Stations (after how many km)||Approximately after every 2km|
|Airtel Delhi Half Marathon Prize Money||2,70,000 U.S.D approximately|
|T – Shirts||Will be provided (ensure right size while filling the form)|
|Goodie Bag||Not Provided|
|Minimum Age according to Race Category||18 Years as on 18.11.2017|
|On the day entry||No|
|Name of the Race Director||Hugh Jones|
|Event Affiliation||IAAF , AIMS & AFI|
|Brand Ambassador||Not finalized yet|
Some insights about the Race Director
Hugh Jonas has been the face of the marathon since 2005 so that is the year it actually commenced. He is also the former winner of London Marathon and officially in charge at the Sydney Olympics.
How is it different from A.D.H.M 2016
- To encourage female participation, timing certificates for women will not be considered necessary for participation.
- A 10k time run will be done exclusively via charity which is only available for people above 15 years of age.
- The forms for the timed charity run will available with the N.G.O’s registered under India Cares. ( Participants will be accepted on first cum first basis.)
For registering please click the on the following link.
Following are the pro – tips you should keep in mind after you have registered.
- Ensure a daily consumption of 10 – 15 glasses 2-3 liters of water to remain hydrated.
- Try running in the morning as much as you can so as to increase your running stamina.
- Get yourself fitted for the right pair of shoes.
- Eat carbohydrate rich foods like Oat meals or Banana before the race.
- Please do not starve yourself and then binge on unhealthy stuff.
- After your run, do not forget to stretch yourself.
- Please ensure that you get the right size of the marathon T- shirt for yourself. Make sure it fits fill and is comfortable enough.
- Please ensure you get ample amount of sleep well before because it really makes a difference.
- If you are unwell or injured, please avoid participating in the marathon because nothing is more important than your health.
- Please try and stay away from alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
- Do not stress yourself at all for that instance you can practice some yoga or meditation at home.
The running track details for the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon will be available by the end of this month.