Navratri, one of the most auspicious festival, is here again. As the name depicts, nav means nine and ratri means nights, it is nine nights or ten days festival, in which Hindu deity Durga is worshipped. This festival brings a lot of positive energy. Some people fast for all these nine days and some dance their heart out. But there are few things which every woman do in Navratri. Lets’ find out what our Indian ladies like to do in Navratri.
1. The first and foremost thing that every woman do in Navratri is early bath and then to worship the deity Durga and sing prayers.
2. Fasting is one such thing that not only ladies but every Hindu person do in Navratri may it be for complete nine days or for just two days. It is something which you just can’t separate from Navratri.
3. As fast is inseparable from Navratri, sattvic food is another thing which you will see almost every woman eating in these nine days.
4. These nine days are very auspicious, so cleaning and decoration of the home are must. Women start this even way before the Navratri actual starts.
5. Planting of barley on the very first of Navratri and to the other rituals related to it.
6. To go temple for prayer is the most common practice that every woman do in Navratri.