World Ocean Day 2019 – That calm under the Sea and the Ocean is considered as one of the most greatest meditations on the entire Earth. When you go under water for scuba-diving or any other water activity for that matter, you realize how small you are in the comparison to the Universe as a whole. Well, but man for his greed has also destroyed the water bodies with harmful chemicals and substances hence to create awareness about the same, the World Ocean Day 2019 is now celebrated by the United Nations or U.N annually on June 8. Check out the World Ocean Day 2019 : Date, Theme, Poster, Activities, Facts and Quotes.
World Ocean Day 2019
The celebration of the World Ocean Day 2019 was first proposed by the International Centre for Ocean Development and the Ocean Institute of Canada in the United Nations Conference of 1992. Eventually, in the year 2008, June 8 was designated as the World Ocean Day 2019. Many events and campaigns to the save the Oceans are held on this day. The World Ocean Day 2019 Theme is ” Gender and the Ocean”.
World Ocean Day 2019 Date
The World Ocean Day 2019 is annually celebrated on the June 8 worldwide with no changes in Dates each and every year. The prime motive of celebrating the World Ocean Day 2019 is to spread awareness among the masses about the importance of the Ocean’s Water which acts as Lungs to the Mother Earth.
World Ocean Day 2019 Theme
The theme of the World Ocean Day 2019 is ” Gender and the Ocean”. The theme might be confusing to some so we will explain the detailed meaning of the World Ocean 2019 Theme to you right here. So, according to the United Nations, some genders are more affected by the changes in climate and by the Ocean’s declining Health.
The Theme Gender and Ocean talks about how females are more affected by the human actions. Here are some consequences that one goes through by the effect on the Oceans. They say that only together we can fight the menace and issues that affect the Oceans of the world, But there are several reasons that make a great impact in the decline in Aquatic culture. Following are the inequalities that women face according to the United Nations.
- The Knowledge of Oceanic Rhythms and Sustainability are passed from generations to generations through maternal lines.
- Women constitute of 64% of Aquatic Culture workforce and still earn less wages than men.
- Only 2% of Seafarers all around the world are females.
- 38% of the Marine Scientists are Women.
Just like World Ocean Day 2019 Theme, there have been many themes since the inception of the World Day Ocean Day 2019 likewise. The timeline of the Word Ocean Day 2019 Theme has been listed down below.
|Year||World Ocean Day Theme|
|2011||Our Oceans : Greening our Future|
|2013||Oceans and People|
|2014||“Ocean Sustainability: Together let’s ensure oceans can sustain us into the future|
|2015||Healthy Ocean, Healthy Planet|
|2016||Healthy Ocean, Healthy Planet|
|2017||Our Oceans, Our Future|
|2018||Clean Our Oceans|
|2019||Gender and Oceans|
World Ocean Day 2019 Poster
The World Ocean Day 2019 Poster is used by people who are leading out campaigns to spread awareness about the impact of pollution on the Oceans and other water bodies of the world. You can check out the listed below World Ocean Day 2019 Posters and download them from below.
” Save the Sharks, Save the Ocean.”
” Oceans are 70% of the Earth’s Surface, Save the Oceans.”
” Lost and Discarded Fishing Nets are Fatal to the Fishes.”
” Plastic chokes the Oceans and create vast Garbage Patches.”
” Changing climate of Oceans create more powerful storms.”
” Plastic is confused for being food by the marine animals.”
” Save the Oceans, Save the Humanity.”
” By 2050, there will be more plastic in the Ocean than the Fishes.”
” Save our Seas Raffle.”
” Ships, Boats, Tankers emit high intensity sounds that are harmful for the fishes.”
World Ocean Day 2019 Activities
The World Ocean Day 2019 Activities are organized at many places to create awareness about the importance of Ocean’s Health. The World Ocean Day 2019 Activities often vary from adults to kids. While adults can organize campaigns and attend seminars. Kids can be made to participate in crafts and drawing competitions that teach about the World Ocean Day Activities. If you are confused about the World Ocean Day 2019 Activities, you can check out options from below.
# Organize World Ocean Day Craft Competitions for Kids
Kids form our future generations, it is very important that they clearly know about the significance of different constituents of the Earth that are vital for a human being to live. You can organize a competition for the same this will give information about the Ocean to the kids.
# Clean the Nearby Beach
You can ask some of your friends to gather with you to take up a challenge to clean the nearby beaches of your area. This way, you will be help the sea bodies to at least get rid of the unwanted garbage.
# Organize a World Ocean Day 2019 Special Skit
You can call in the members of your locality to witness the World Ocean Day 2019 skit enacted by you and your group on any topic that concerns the issue of the oceans.
# Visit a Nearby Sea Aquarium of your area
You can visit the sea aquarium to learn more about the natural habitats and the origins of the marine animals and beings. Learn how they are important for us all.
# Donate to a Oceans related Non-Profit Organization
You can do your bit for your the Oceans by donation to a charity or a community that works forth towards saving , cleaning water bodies in your area.
World Oceans Day 2019 Quotes
World Ocean Day 2019 Quotes are a good way to spread the word about the World Ocean Day 2019. You can share these World Ocean Day 2019 Quotes along with the Images with your friends personally or simply post them on your social media profiles to spread the word.
” No Water, No Life, No Blue, No Green.”
” We need to respect the oceans, as if our lives depend on them, because they do.”
” The Price that must be paid for today’s rapaciousness will be Seas without Fishes.”
” Water is life, so do not hit your own life.”
” If you don’t do something for the Oceans today, we will really be sorry tomorrow.”
” The greatest threat to the Ocean is the thinking that someone else will do it for us.”
” If the Oceans die, we die.”
World Ocean Day 2019 Facts
The World Ocean Day 2019 Facts are a really good way to inform yourself about the detailed information about the affects and the importance of the water bodies on the human race. Check out the amazing World Ocean Day 2019 Facts from below.
- The Oceans cover 70% of the world’s surface and only 30% is covered by land.
- 50% – 80% forms of living beings and forms lie under the oceans surface.
- The largest ocean on the Earth is called the ” Pacific Ocean”.
- 70% of the breathable oxygen is produced by the oceans.
- Many unidentified historic artifacts lie under the seas which are more than the number of artifacts present in museums all over the world.
- The Great Barrier Reef is the largest living structure of the world.
- The Great Barrier Reef can also bee seen from the Moon.
- The longest mountain range is actually located under the ocean.
- Only 5% of the World’s Oceans have been explored until now.
- The Oceans are also called the Mega Museums of the world.
World Ocean Day 2019 History
The history of the World Ocean Day 2019 date back to the year 1992 when the two entities known as the Ocean Institute of Canada and Canada’s International Center for Ocean Development respectively proposed in the United Nations Environment and Development in Brazil to designate a day fully dedicated to the Oceans of the world which are sidelined as compared to other environmental issues of the world.
The inspiration of the World Ocean Day 2019 was taken by the Brundtland Commission and hence the first World Ocean Day was celebrated in the year 1992. The World Ocean Day was gradually more promoted in the year 2002 by the World Ocean Project in accordance with various other related organisations in the world.
Eventually, the World Ocean Day 2019 started being celebrated on the June 8 every year effectively from the year 2009 . Each year, different theme is designated to the World Ocean Day 2019. The main aim of celebrating the World Ocean Day 2019 is to conserve the oceans of the world.
Causes of Water Pollution
Our Mother Earth affected by many types of pollution one of which is Water Pollution. The water pollution is the main cause of ill-effects on the water bodies and the living beings residing in them. You can check out the various causes of Water Pollution from down below. You can also use these points so as to inform other people about how they are contributing water pollution.
- Oil Spilling by various industries are one of the main cause that make the water of the Ocean and Seas more poisonous.
- The acid rains cause poisonous substances to go into the water bodies.
- Plastic Garbage is sometimes injected towards the sea and the oceans which the water beings confuse as food and eventually die.
- The large pile of garbage cause the oceans to develop sludge.
- The water pollution is also caused by the littering of the water body with toxins such as Glass, Plastic and Aluminium.
- Many non-biodegradable material idols are dumped into the ocean because and remain there for a longer period of time.
What Can We Do to Save the Ocean
- Never spill garbage at the beach. If you see someone, teach why they should not.
- You can organize local cleanups along with your buddies.
- You should avoid products that are made from sea creatures such as Coral Jewelry, Shark Products etc.
- Create awareness about how Oceans are important to the human race.
- Stop using plastic products or at-least lessen the usage of them.
- Do not buy products containing micro-beads.
- Avoid using single use plastic materials.
World Ocean Day 2020
The World Ocean Day 2020 will be celebrated on the June 8 as there is no change in the dates of the celebration. The World Ocean Day 2020 theme has not been designated until yet. The theme for the World Ocean Day 2020 however is ” Gender and the Ocean.”
Wish you a very Happy World Ocean Day 2019, let us all pledge to make the world beautiful by saving our water bodies.