Valentines Day Facts and Superstitions have always entailed me towards them. I have taken part in the Valentines’ Day trivia several times and thus I always keep on researching and reading about it. My favorite out of all those Valentines Day Facts and Superstitions are the Valentines Day Chocolate Facts. If you also want to learn about them and win over everyone in the Fun Facts Valentines Day Quiz then you must read out below to know more.
Even, if you are not taking part in any kind of Valentines Day Quiz, then too you can organize a Funny Valentines Day Trivia at home for your friends and be the host to an enjoyable evening. This can work as an awesome Valentine Day Date Idea as well.
Well, when we talk about Valentine’s day, we never think about its history and interesting facts. All that comes to our mind is Valentine Gifts or the Valentine Day ideas. Fella, there are other good things about Valentine’s day too. The Valentine day has many definitions attached to it. Some of them are affirmative and some reveal a really dark side about Valentine’s day.
Wish to know about the Historic Origins of Valentines Day? Check out the History of Valentines Day from here.
If you wish to know more about the history and story of Valentine’s day you can read this article. You can also head down to know about the Valentine’s Day fun facts and superstitions.
Valentines Day Facts and Superstitions
Did you know sighting one of the listed below would actually tell who you are going to marry in the coming future. The below points have been jotted down from various sources and are not only entitled to one region but the whole world. You can read below the Valentines Day Facts and Superstitions from below for some in detail information.
- Sighting a sparrow meant that you would marry a poor man in the near future.
- Sighting a dove meant that you will marry your mate for life and beyond.
- Sighting an owl would mean that you are going to remain a spinster throughout your life.
- Sighting a goldfinch meant marrying a millionaire.
- Sighting a squirrel meant marrying a cheapskate.
- Sighting a Robin would mean that you are going to marry someone who is a sailor.
- Sighting a bluebird meant marrying someone really jolly and happy.
- Sighting a Cross bill meant marrying someone who would be really argumentative.
Another Valentin’s Day superstition attached to Valentine’s day is the apple quiz which determines how many children are you going to have. Here it goes, cut the apple in half and count how many seeds come out! The number of seeds determines how many children you will have in the near future.
Honestly, all of these are just beliefs and myths and do not have anything to do with real life. So, take the quiz and just have some fun, do not feel bad about anything negative.
We have also curated some really interesting facts about Valentine’s day. Scroll below for some really astonishing revelations.
Valentine’s Day 2019 Facts
- # Offering roses to your loved ones is directly related to Goddess Venus because she always preferred the beautiful roses over any other flowers.
- # It was considered a bad luck to sign a valentine day card in the Victorian time.
- # 3% pet owners give love and gifts to their pets on Valentine’s day.
- # 73% of men buy flowers on Valentine’s day which is way higher than their women counterparts.
- # Richard Cad-bury was the first to invent a Valentine day box in the year 1800.
- # Valentine’s day is considered the second largest card-sending day of the year.
- # The singles celebrate the S.A.D IE the Single Awareness day on Valentine’s day.
- # In medieval times, girls ate weird foods to make themselves dream about their future husbands.
- # Chocolates worth 1$ Billion are purchased and exchanged on Valentine’s day.
- # Flowers are sold like buns during Valentine’s day and Mother’s day.
- # 1 out of 5 people celebrate Valentine’s day with their parents.
- # On every Valentine’s day, love letters are received in the name of Juliet at her palace in the city of Verona.